Wednesday, May 25, 2011

what we all cry about and want

   I am no newby to the "love" scene and I'm sure none of you are either. I mostly always here songs about love and nothing else. So when I hear a song that talks about "keeping your head up", it's rejuvenating and feels so new. Although, some of those love songs I can really relate to. Why do artists sing about love all the time?! Even Justin Beiber, when he barely started out, was singing about love and he was like, what, 12 years old??(totally being sarcastic, I'm sure he was a little older than that hahaha). I think it's because we can ALL relate in some way to what these artists are talking about. I don't have any advice on how to overcome the pain of heartbreak because everyone takes and sees it different. For example, when my last boyfriend broke up with me, I was sooooo devastated that I would wake up and hope that it was a dream and then when I realized that it wasn't I would instantly start crying. This went on for quite some time. He was my "first" so this breakup tore me to pieces even more than any other "relationship" i had in the past.
   Well, while all this was going on, someone told me, "The best revenge is moving on." I was thinking, "how is THAT revenge, he's just gonna forget about me and move on, duh." I understand what my friend was talking about now. When you're hung up on an ex, they get to still "have" you without committing themselves back to you. Why should they have their cake and eat it too? When you move on they'll feel jealousy almost and wonder who you're with and what you're doing and why you stopped texting them all the sudden. They even sometimes come running back to you! In my case, this didn't happen, he just split. Would never text or talk to me HAHAHAHA Which I can accept because in the end, I'll be happier without that jerk and so will you!
   But to get back on subject... we do have other problems in our lives that our favorite music artists could sing about. Like for us girls, why  not sing about NOT needing a man especially if he's gonna be a douchebag. Listen to Sara Bareilles "King of Anything" song. It's so awesome and empowering. She put a new spin on love songs haha looooove it :). I've had the void filled with my relation to love and whatnot but what about body image? Oh, that's a big issue with me...(will explain in another blog when I get up the courage). Another thing, I just thought of this but love songs also give us HOPE, not the heartbreak ones, but the lovey dovey ones haha Those make me so happy... :)

   Life is good, with or without a man/woman. Let things happen as they may but NEVER let anyone take advantage of you no matter who they are. Take off your shades and see who they really are, BEYOND the cute face and BEYOND that gorgeous smile. Don't be afraid to call out all their bullshit. You'll look like a badass and put them in they're place! hahaha and you'd be saving yourself from a lot of confusion and heartbreak.
Then, you can keep on walkin' tall.

No comments:

Post a Comment