Monday, December 19, 2011

What will next year bring??

For starters, plans never go as they should for me haha so I'm just going to sort of set a "tone" for the New Year and build from that! It's more my style, anyway. This coming up year, I am hoping will be much better, however, I think we all are, right? I can't say that this past year was absolutely terrible because a lot of the stuff that has happened is part of growing... I've said to myself that I wish I could be 30 already and have everything figured out, have my career and maybe even a husband but as it is, I am here, 20, and confused! i find clarity and strength at random times but then, something else pops up and then it's back to the drawing board! I always stick with consistency in my life, with pretty much everything....work, daily routine etc. I'm fairly predictable. I always have fear in my mind, always AFRAID to advance or always AFRAID of change. This annoys me but I am nurturing this aspect of myself and teaching myself that it's ok to let go... I am getting ready to move to another apartment and hopefully with a new environment and new slate, I can unlock another blockage that crowds my mind. This year I want to experience something new, but for reals this time. I always say this and it never happens. A commitment forever on hold haha c'mon, I know everyone has them! Maybe get a new job, step out of my comfort zone, start to love and appreciate myself instead of looking for others to see the beauty in me, start to truly depend on myself in every way instead of hoping my parents will change and actually treat all of us equally. Time is precious! I don't want to waste it! and my time is going by fast!

Before I know it, I'll be a yoga instructor! I don't have very much to go! This excites me then again I am soooooo very nervous! I know about yoga, not everything but the basics and I could talk about it all day! But when it comes to teaching people, I freeze and all knowledge goes out the window. This semester that just ended I was put in a group with two other classmates and we were assigned a yoga history element. We had to research it and then present it. I'm not a huge fan of doing group projects because my schedule is all over the place and to meet up would be next to impossible. But when I would think about standing in front of everyone, I would kind of panic, kind of. There is just something that was holding me back: FEAR! of course... I was scared that I would forget what I was talking about, stumble or maybe trip, of sounding too boring, or if they were looking at my colorful socks instead of listening to me. I was honestly just over thinking everything. We ended up getting everything finished and when I was standing in front of everyone, I  would look up and see everyone... this felt invigorating, I don't know if it was the energy from everyone or what but I felt how it would be teaching, with everyone's attention. I want to be inspiring to my students.... I have some amazing teachers and even the teachers that I have in this teacher training are so awesome! They "wow" me and inspire me to be the best that I can be and I hope to one day get to that level of comfortable knowledge. Of course I will always want to continue to learn but I want to get to that point where I can answer questions and be sure of them. So, another thing to add to the list is CONFIDENCE. If I'm not confident, how is anyone going to trust my class? or even themselves IN my class?? You're right, they won't.

Work is consuming every part of me and I feel like I'm getting no where... but it's not true, because everyday something interesting happens and I find that stern, confident person inside of me. Since I work in retail, I built that confidence over the years. But I need to make this promise to myself  TODAY, that I will do something that's for me everyday. Whether that be reading, drawing, turning off my phone and having silence, anything that helps me recharge. because I can't be this worn out this early in life, can I? Well, I guess anything is possible... I'll tell you what, I'm not having too much fun. But I'm finding the little things that DO make me happy and that do make the work worth all the trouble. I have to do what I have to do. I find relief and "light" with yoga, I truly do. So that's where I'll start. I'm signing off, talk to you all later!

Light and love, Drew

No comments:

Post a Comment