Sunday, August 21, 2011

Don't trust a kind face

Once again, a rollercoaster of emotions these past couple of weeks have been. My mom went into surgery for a hernia a day after her breast biopsy. For those of you who are unfamiliar with what a breast biopsy is, doctors jam this tool into the breast to take out the lump to further examine. Sounds very painful. Anyway, so she has her surgery and it goes fine. She spends the night in the intensive care unit just so they can monitor her. Then the next day she's in a regular room. One day I went to see her but when I got there she was asleep. She sounded very weird, almost like she was having a tough time breathing. Her head was alittle slumped forward So I thought that could be the reason for the restricted airway sound. I also tried waking her up and she would open her eyes but then they'd roll back closed. I tried a couple more times, and still the same thing happened. This alarmed me bad. My heart started pounding. I relaxed alittle but still kept my eye on her. Some time goes by and finally a nurse comes in to take her vitals(blood pressure, temperature). The nurse tries to wake up my mom too, there's no response whatsoever. The nurse's faces gets a confused look like something isn't right. She leaves and called some doctors, about 5 of them come running to her room and told me to wait outside. My heart was pounding. There was an instant I couldn't hear anything, just my heart pounding. I called my younger sister, Brooke and she left work to rush to the hospital.

My mom ended up recieving the wrong medicine. The doctor had mixed up two different medicines and gave my mom the strongest out of the two. Completely knocked her out and made her completely incoherent. They had to give her medicine to reverse what they gave her and put her back in the ICU. She explained to me her horrible experience. A week later they let her come home. She's recovering well :) My dad is helping her out tremendously and she's getting plenty of rest. We're all spoiling her haha :)

Through all the chaos and heart wrenching moments, I completed another 30 Day Hot Yoga Challenge!!! :D I won't lie, it was so difficult to fit yoga in my schedule. With work, having a boyfriend, and family and friends, I constantly felt pressed for time. I had a lot of anxiety so my shoulders felt like they were to my ears. I've been aching for a shoulder rub for about a month hahaha. However, those 90 minutes in yoga were so peaceful and full of encouragement. I bought more yoga passes only $10 for 10 days woohoo!!! Such a deal :) yoga can be very expensive.